Saturday, June 23, 2007


Israel. The land of Breastmilk and Procreation.
1-15th June


















WHO HAS A BABY NOW?


















Robi and Limor have Adi
Keren and Ori have Noam
Nomi is dating and living with Ori who has two children 2 yo and 3.5 y.o

EXPECTING














Andris and Livie in Israel are preggas
FAVOURITE BABY TENDANCY
Did you know babies crawl backwards? Only backwards. Until they figure out how to crawl forwards of course. But Noam is soo smart, he figured out how to turn 180 degs so he could walk backwards, back towards me and his mummy ( his original target but then he walked backwards away from us…) . What a brain.













FAVOURITE BABY EVENT
I introduced both my cousins’ new babies to the sea. That was definitely a highlight. Between the soft sand, the wet sand, footprints and the wash on the shoreline, the babies couldn’t spare moment to blink! Uber cute, as Sonya would put it!


















BABY SPORT?
Baby yoga is definitely the coolest sport out. Im sure Madonna’s babies do it. And mine will, too.



















WHAT YOU CAN’T DO ONCE YOU HAVE A BABY
When it came to the fork in the road, I knew my cousins would take a different direction to me this time round. While for them 7:30pm was “we are now stuck at home while the baby tries to fall asleep”, for me it was “time to have a shower and get ready to go out”. For them 2:30am brings the reminder calls and cries that they have a baby. While for me it was the time I decided whether to stumble on back to the apartment or keep out until sunrise. And luckily, there ARE still people in Israel without babies. Like some old friends from Habo that have since moved to Israel and old friends I met while living in Israel.















Gil and I. Just before stumbliing home.














Em and I. Sunriser.














Sups and I. No kids to take care of til the afternoon!













Andris and I. 2.30er.

THERE’S STILL HOPE
Despite a busy baby schedule, Nomi squeezed in some quality time for travel and me. We spent an entire day in Jerusalem, touring the old city, bargaining at the shouks and eating falafels.



















And trying to find a crack in the wall for our requests to Gd














Nomi and I and the sun setting over the Wall.










Bargaining at the shouks.

















Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore...


We also had time to celebrate two cousins’ birthdays and one cousin’s new ranking in the army. And my closest cousins, in transcending to parenthood level wisdom, took time to talk to me about love, life and the cosmos. And if you guys are reading this now, THANKS!!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! great entry! loved it - and the babies are uber cute!!!! I especially liked the pic of you taking it into the water! great to finally see a pic of nomi :)
son
xxxx

p.s babies do not crawl backwards.

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home